Mold Remediation in Silver Spring, MD
The first signs of mold in your home bring with it a stressful feeling. You may be aware of the enormity of the problem, and that removing the offending mold can be a complex undertaking that requires the help of a professional mold remediation company in Silver Springs, MD.
We Restoration can help you to determine the impact of your mold infestation. We can help you safely remove toxic mold before there are lasting impacts to your home or family. If you've found visible mold on any surface within your home, it is likely that the problem goes deeper than that. It's important to take the right precautions immediately.
What's Involved with Mold Remediation?
Professional mold remediation can be a complex undertaking. When the spores hit the open air, the mold can spread, increasing exposure risks and the potential for corresponding health issues. It's important that you hire a professional mold remediation company, such as We Restoration, that is capable of dealing with black mold, and other toxic varieties.
If you've spotted mold in your home, it's important to call a trusted company to have it removed. Other steps that are helpful to take include:
- Locate the moisture source - When you find the moisture source, you can determine the extent of the spread. If you're unsure about the type of mold that you're dealing with, it becomes increasingly important to speak with a professional.
- Wear Protective Clothing - If you decide to investigate mold, it's important to wear gloves, a mask, and full protective clothing. The idea is to minimize the risk of skin exposure.
Mold Prevention in Your Home
One of the best things you can do for your Silver Spring home is to maintain an environment that is not conducive to mold growth. This takes a certain level of home maintenance, especially in the attic, basement, and bathrooms.
Mold grows in a dark and moist environment. There are several mold-prevention steps that you can take to avoid creating an environment conducive to mold.
- Take proper care of your sump pump. A sump pump failure can lead to harmful flooding.
- Fix leaky pipes. Leaks can cause a slow cumulative moisture build-up that leads to mold growth.
- Create adequate ventilation. Open windows, fans, and dehumidifiers all work to dry the air and fight mold growth.
- Monitor your basement during a flash flood. When water seeps into the basement, time is of the essence. The faster you catch a flooding situation, the faster any damage can be fixed.
What the Mold Remediation Process Looks Like
The mold remediation process begins as early as the customer's phone call. We Restoration will conduct a thorough investigation of the premises to determine the extent of the mold growth. Following that, our friendly experts will work on isolating the area so that there is no further spread of mold growth within the home.
We use HEPA filtration to purify air within the environment. After this point, we work on removing all of the mold from your home and cleaning the surrounding area, and any impacted belongings. We work to make sure that the surrounding area is restored to its previous condition.
Contact We Restoration for Your Mold Remediation Needs
Discovering mold in your home is an overwhelming and stressful experience. That is why at We Restoration, we treat our customers with the highest level of compassion and care.We have decades of experience and can safely remove any contaminants from your home.
If you've discovered mold, your first call should be to a remediation specialist. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help!