Mold Testing, Remediation & Removal
Have you found mold in your home or business? Mold can be seen or hidden behind walls, furniture, or any structure that moisture can get to. The Washington, D.C., MD, and Arlington, VA area is affected by mold growth on a regular basis. All mold needs in order to live and expand is humidity (water activity) and food. The food is usually organic materials such as wood, boxes, and even drywall (the top layer is made of paper). If it smells like mold, then you've got mold!
We Restoration is experienced, trained, and certified. Our crews provide outstanding customer service while ensuring all industry regulations are met in Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Rockville MD and surrounding areas.
Residential Mold Remediation
Have mold in your home and not sure what to do? Find out how we can help protect your home and family.Learn more
Commercial Mold Remediation
Prevent lost revenue and business productivity by having your mold problems handled by the professionals.Learn more
How Does Mold Remediation & Mold Removal Work?
There are many types of mold. Mold can affect the human body in many ways: headaches, trouble breathing, allergic reaction, skin irritation, and more. Here is how we conduct a mold cleaning process:
- Find the Source: We will find where water and/or moisture is coming from.
- Contaminant Control: We contain the mold from spreading its spores to other unaffected areas in the house or business.
- Establish Negative Air Pressure: Since mold is airborne, we will place certified air filtration devices throughout the affected area. That way, we remove mold spores from the air.
- Remove & Clean: We remove all items (including building materials) that were affected by mold and cannot be restored. Then, we conduct a thorough cleaning process.
- Air Duct & HVAC System Cleaning: It is highly recommended to perform a cleaning and sanitizing process to your HVAC and duct system, as the system sucks in toxic air and blows it back to other unaffected areas in your home.
- Post-Remediation Testing: It is standard practice to perform post-remediation testing to ensure we did the job correctly.
I See or Smell Mold! What Do I Do?
There are a few steps you should take in order to prevent mold from reaching other unaffected areas in your home or business:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off all fans and your HVAC system immediately.
- Do not try to clean it yourself. Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye. Spraying bleach, trying to clean it with household cleaning products, or blowing on the mold will cause the spores to travel to other unaffected areas.
- Call the experts at We Restoration, or simply complete our online request form, and we will reach out to you in no time.
A Certified Mold Remediation Company in D.C., MD & VA
Removing and remediating mold is critical and, in some states, necessary by state laws and regulations. We Restoration has become a top restoration and remediation company in Montgomery County, MD, and surrounding areas because of our fast response, fair pricing, and quality restoration services. If you see or smell mold, do not wait! Call our mold remediation experts, and let us prove the reason why we are leaders in our field.