Mold Remediation in Columbia, MD
Toxic mold can cause serious structural damage and health issues, if it is found in your Columbia, MD home. Removing mold safely requires an expert remediation company in order to prevent the unnecessary spread of mold spores into uncontaminated areas of your home. Professional remediation is also important to prevent the accidental inhalation of toxic mold, which can cause significant health issues.
Successful mold removal requires a detailed remediation and cleaning process, and We Restoration can help.
What Does the Mold Removal Process Look Like?
Professional mold remediation is a serious undertaking that requires high‐level specialized equipment to do it safely and protect the uncontaminated portions of your home. It goes much further than spraying and wiping impacted areas. In fact, if you’ve discovered surface mold, the growth could be substantial in invisible areas.
We Restoration is an experienced mold remediation company, and works to make sure that all of the mold growth is safely removed, and that your property is restored to its previous condition.
Below is more regarding what our process looks like:
- We address water and moisture issues first. This is done to make sure that the mold doesn’t return because of a recurring problem.
- We establish the scope of the problem and establish what needs to be safely removed. It’s important to have this understanding before any construction services, cleaning, or drying work can begin.
- We’ll throw away any contaminated materials that may have been contaminated through moisture or mold. Contaminated materials could potentially cause health issues or result in spread after the remediation job is complete. That’s why it’s important to address in this stage, when we are eliminating all mold presence in the home.
- All remaining surfaces are cleaned to ensure that the area is mold‐free. Powerful (but safe) professional cleaning products are used to restore the affected area.
- The drying process makes the area inhospitable to mold growth. Professional grade air movers and dehumidifiers help to ensure this process is done right, so no mold returns.
Mold removal is a serious process and should be done by professionals. Some forms of mold spread easier when they reach open air, and any missteps could lead to further issues. Professional mold removal is good for peace of mind, no matter the size of the impacted area.
When Is Mold Removal Necessary?
Household mold is common, and not all mold is toxic. But there are certain signs that you may require the help of a specialist. Moldy odors, dark colored spots, water damage, or consistent allergic reactions are all signs that the problem may be a significant one. It could be impacting your family’s health.
Mold exposure can lead to:
- Irritated throat or eyes
- Cough, congestion or runny nose
- Various autoimmune symptoms such as joint pain.
You can risk toxic mold exposure, or spreading the problem further if you approach this as a do‐it‐yourself project.
Hire a Mold Removal Company in Columbia, MD
When you discover evidence of a mold problem in your Columbia, MD home, it’s important to call a remediation company you can trust. We Restoration can help you to address the source, remove the toxic mold, and restore the area to its original condition.
Hire a mold removal company in Columbia, MD today!